DSE 2009

poonam
Hello Sir
Following are a few doubts i had in the 2009 DSE solutions. i would be thankful if you would help me with them:

Q51- sir i couldnt understand why LM should be vertical. My line of reasoning was as follows-
        increase in e --> fall in Y--> fall in money demand
        for constant money supply and interest rate Y will have to increase to set the money market in
        equilibrium. hence upward sloping LM curve

Q48 - kindly help me with the reasoning behind question 48 , as i couldnt get any of the answers to satisfy
         quasitransitivity.
Q32 - How can we solve the question without Z-tables and a calculator. the conventional way to first
         calculating the std deviation and then z value and then comparison seems to be pretty lengthy to be
         done in a competitive exam.

Kindly guide me through.
Thank you..

Re: DSE 2009

Amit Goyal
Administrator
For 51, please use the model that is provided in the problem. Don't use whatever you have read.
For 48, you need to do some logic and then this problem is very easy. If you don't understand basic logic. I suggest refer Chapter 1 of the book: Topology by Munkres or any other book if you prefer.
For 32, you are just expected to remember 5%, 10% z-values that is not that big a deal and i guess rest is basic multiplication and division which you have learnt in primary school. Use it.
If you think its lengthy, then do it at the last. Not all problems will take a lot of time and not all will take few seconds. On an average the entire exam is do-able in 3 hours.

Re: DSE 2009

Amit Goyal
Administrator
In future, please post the complete question. If you want a response from me.

Re: DSE 2009

poonam
thank you so much...
i'll surely post the whole question next time.