Help required (Urgent)

Econ_boy
I pursued my BA (hons) Economics from DU.
After than i got admitted to University of Hyderabad MA ECONOMICS . Im in 2nd year and i have realised that the quantitative part of economics is what i like . Back in DU economics was mostly solving maths and stats but here there is not much quantitative stuff plus i dont think i have learnt any good tools during my masters since the course is very outdated. So for starting off with a phd I dont feel like I am ready as of now .
Please suggest me what should i do. I dont have any gap year till date .
Should i consider going ahead and preparing for some applied course in maTh stat or what else should i do.
Suggestions are welcome .
Thanks