IGIDR interview

Halflife
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: IGIDR interview

ElPsyCongroo
I messed up about two questions badly I think.

One question I couldn't really understand what I was being asked, but it was related to macro and IS-LM. In the middle he told me it's fine if I hadn't learnt this but instead of calling it quits I kept trying to answer with what knowledge I had, I don't think this was the best move.

The other one I messed up was a simple integration by parts question but I forgot the formula so I told them that.

As a whole though, it was quite bad, didn't go smoothly enough for me to make the cut sadly :(

I don't remember the rest of the questions properly but there was another math question that wasn't really hard (something related to concavity), I answered it correctly but I was pushing myself to answer very fast, even they told me to relax and slow down.

I'd suggest staying cool during the interview, answer slowly and try and show them your logic is crystal clear, don't just rush to get the answer.

I'll post again if I manage to remember the other questions, there were four-five more I think, they just add questions sometimes based on what you say, total interview length was approx 18 mins I think.

Re: IGIDR interview

Halflife
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: IGIDR interview

Frankenstein
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: IGIDR interview

Niket
Hi Sumit,

Thanks for the questions. Also notify about your selection.

Re: IGIDR interview

Halflife
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: IGIDR interview

Algaeconomics
My interview :
Which was the last book I read ?
What subject do I like?  I said micro so he asked gave me a situation and i had to identify the prefence and had to give a utility function out of it. Then he modified the question a bit giving constraints and he helped me out at the places I was stuck at.
Then for Macro Ma'am gave me two economies Modor and Gondor :P
It was an open economy question, she wanted to test my concept knowledge. I explained fairly well.
Then since I had done linear algebra Math sir asked me to find out eigen values of a matrix he gave, which I did.
Then finally they asked me about my preference in DSE ISI and IGIDR. I told them about ISI not being as good I had expected so they about my preference between DSE and IGIDR, I told them that I am a student who learns more in class and DSE my friend had told me that professors dont teach a lot so IGIDR would be my choice, which they found very convincing.

I was flattered by the kindness of the panel.(They asked me what did i have for breakfast and made the micro question out of it. Also I was a bit clumsy cause I had flinged the duster while dusting the board). In short, they were sweet and were just checking conceptual knowledge.
My interview lasted 10-15 mins.

Re: IGIDR interview

Halflife
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: IGIDR interview

Econ17
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: IGIDR interview

Algaeconomics
Yaar I told them I dont have much hopes for ISI that is when the ques was between DSE and IGIDR, and sachi  Im not comfortable with the student teacher ratio there.
ISI mile toh ISI a hundered times man.
How are your graduation marks??

Re: IGIDR interview

Halflife
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: IGIDR interview

Algaeconomics
Oh I just re-read my post. It was a bit confusing. :)
I saw your reimbursement form at the accounts dept. was about to post to meet but i had to leave early. Chal we will meet at ISI bhagwan ki daya se.

Re: IGIDR interview

Algaeconomics
I mean ISI interview.

Re: IGIDR interview

Halflife
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: IGIDR interview

Algaeconomics
:) how are you planning to go about DSE??

Re: IGIDR interview

Sreyashi
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.