Opportunity to work as Research Assistant

Opportunity to work as Research Assistant

Abhi
We are beginning a project on the chief ministers (and their cabinets) of the 17 largest states since 1960. We have identified the following portfolios for the purpose of this project: departments of Home, Finance, Power, Education, Health, Industry, and Transportation. We need the names of the minsters and all available demographic data to begin with:  Age, Gender, Caste, Religion, Education, Marital Status, Profession, Constituency, Political Affiliation, Tenure, International Visits, Work Experience, Assets, Criminal Records, and Campaign Expenditure.

The method to extract this information will be different for different time periods. The nomination papers/affidavits filed by the candidates at the time of contesting elections are good sources. Post-2002 affidavits filed by the candidates are available. For pre-2002 data, RTI applications might be needed.

We are looking for a research assistant who is currently stationed in New Delhi and is willing to put in the time and hard work needed to finish this project in a timely manner. Stipend for this work will be attractive but is contingent on actual work accomplished. If you are interested, please email us a one page CV and a paragraph stating your motivation. I can meet interested candidates on May 24.

Arijit Chatterjee
Associate Professor
ESSEC Business School, Singapore
(École Supérieure des Sciences Économiques et Commerciales)
(e) chatterjee@essec.edu