Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

deeksha
I got 208 rank in Gokhale and have received call letter for Agriculture Economics, which is my last preference among the three courses in Gokhale. Considering that I got my third preference, I am hoping that the list might move down further and I can get Financial Economics in the next list.

I know Gokhale is one of the renowned institutes for economics, however I am sceptical about the placements for the Financial Economics — I have 3 years work experience and my current compensation is more than the usual starting package, hence I am concerned about the ROI of putting two years in this course.

Guys do u have any idea about the average/maximum package at GIPE?
ViV

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

ViV
I feel opportunity cost for u will be higher.. I hvnt heard any positive feedback in terms of placements at GIPE.

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

deeksha
Hey Viv.. thanks for ur reply.. i have heard the same about the placements.. but do u have any idea about the packages offered?
ViV

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

ViV
Since you are experienced and very well know package as well as organization where u r working also matters. So, From 2012 onwards I have been getting info about GIPE's academics and its placements. Which is not up to the mark KPO's are major recruiter there and median is around 5-5.5L. I am not telling you Maximum and average package becasue these numbers are influenced.

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

Sakshi06
Hey viV, please tell me if i can get gokhae with a rank of 215 in the nest list. fin eco i mean.
ViV

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

ViV
To be very honest u hv very less chance.. But unfortunately we don't hv any other option just wait n watch...

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

Tanu_Jaiswal
all da best

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

adya
hi @ViV
I have received call for financial economics of GIPE but can you tell me the highest and mean package for the same in recent years? Since I have other choices like Madras school of economics, etc as well.

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

Arun Singal
If it's between fiancial @gipe and fiancial @mse , u should choose mse but if it's actrl or env @ mse than gipe is better as for actrl @ mse u need to clear some papers from actrl society of India for placement otherwise corporates wouldn't entertain

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

Arun Singal
What have u been offered @ mse@adyA

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

adya
AQF and AE at MSE

Umm then gipe fiancial is a better choice
At mse gen and fiancial course are most sought after as they are really good and placement is quite good but when it comes to actuarial and environmental  it's quite risky during placements

Re: Placements for Financial Economics at GIPE

adya
how about applied quantitative finance of mse? I have heard finan and AQF are not so much different...