SIS 2016

soimmoi
This post was updated on .
2015 Qd = max(0, 3000- 4P)
Qs = max (0, -1000 +12 P)
PRICE CIELING = 100
DWL=?
a)500000/3
b)620000/3
c) 700000/3
d) none of these

I'm getting d
At P =100  Qs= 200
Qd= 2600
and when we put Q= 200 in Qd then we get P= 700
so, Dwl = 1/2 (700-100) (2000-200)
2000 is the equilibrium  qty wihout any price ceiling is my answer correct?

Re: SIS 2015, QUES 18

soimmoi
This post was updated on .
jnu sis 2016, In presence of assymetric and incomplete information about wealth distribution in economy, which of following instruments should government use to promote it's equity objective?
a) a system of indirect tax     b) a system of personalized lumsum tax / transfers    c) Uniform lum sum tax/transfers   d) none of the above

Re: SIS 2015, QUES 18

soimmoi
sir can you please tell these two questions

Re: SIS 2015, QUES 18

Pravin
I think its (d) soimmoi. reasoning : because of  incomplete informations all these will fail.
 What do you think ?

Re: SIS 2015, QUES 18

soimmoi
not sure may be lumsum taxes