varian workbook questions

ritu
workbook sixth edition -
1. chapter no. 36 - information - question no. 6
2. chapter no. 32 - welfare - question no. 8 and 9.

Re: varian workbook questions

Amit Goyal
Administrator
Ch - 32
8 (a) 16, 8
(b) 16, 8 (assuming a = 2/3)
(c) {(Sr,Sj)| 8 ≤ Sr ≤ 16 and Sr+Sj = 24 }
(d) and (e) Or=0-----Fj=8-----Fr=16-----Oj=24
(f) Or=0-----Fr=8-----Fj=16-----Oj=24, {(Sr,Sj)| 8 ≤ Sr ≤ 16 and Sr+Sj = 24 }- Basically set of points between two favorites.
(g) They disagree about each other's consumption. Both believe that other should have more of spaghetti.

Re: varian workbook questions

Amit Goyal
Ch-32
9 (a) McCoy --> Wm = 4, Wh = 0
Hatfield --> Wm = 0, Wh = 4
(b) Utility will be -2 for both
Utility after bear spilled two quarts will be 0 for both
No, its not pareto optimal.
(c) They must throw away 3 quarts

Varian workbook questions

 Chhavi Sharma
Sir I am facing problem in the following questions from Varian Workbook Sixth Edition:
3.4(f); 3.13(g)(h)(f); 4.14; 7.5(b); 7.11(b); 10.10; 12.2(d); 12.13.

Re: Varian workbook questions

Amit Goyal
Administrator
I guess i cannot type everything here. Kindly be little more reasonable while asking questions. I would urge other participants in the group to answer if they know how to do the problem posted by their fellow participant. In future, My response rate to the problems posted by a  participant will be proportional to his/her response rate to the problems posted by other participants.