IS LM

econ11
The equation for the IS curve is given as
Y=co+bo+G bl i
1-cl(1-t) 1-c1(1-t)
and that for the LM curve is given as
i=- mo- P +mlYl
2
where Y is income, i is the rate of interest, Pis the price level, Ms is money supply and
G denotes government spending.
Further, l1e-t 011(1- t) = X. Then the expression for the aggregate demand function and its slope will be?

how to approach such problems ? someone please give the explanation .

Re: IS LM

econ11
someone please reply

Re: IS LM

Homer Simpson
can you post the question again? your equations are not clear.
“Operator! Give me the number for 911!”

Re: IS LM

econ11
it is question no. 25 from jnu sis 2013

Re: IS LM

Dreyfus
I m getting option c...wid slope being -1/(p^2)(m2+b1m1lambda))

Re: IS LM

econ11
could you explain the approach ? how to solve these problems?
ViV

Re: IS LM

ViV
Yeah! It's (c)

Re: IS LM

econ11
how did you solve?

Re: IS LM

Homer Simpson
usual AD slope is negative, observe coefficients between Y and i of the IS and LM relations. They are negative and positive respectively. So we definitely have the usual case. Substitute lamda in the IS equation.

Now either (a) or (c) should work as AD has negative slope. to find which one, simply plug in the i value from LM into the IS equation. Solve for Y and you will see its (c).
“Operator! Give me the number for 911!”