ISI Kolkata vs IGIDR

aarushi26
Hi guys,
I have gotten admission in both IGIDR and ISI Kolkata. I know ISI is supposed to be better but I am from Bombay, so is it worth going to Kolkata for ISI? What are the different aspects of the course at both?

Re: ISI Kolkata vs IGIDR

Daffodils
ISI will give you a better internship, package and tougher time studying the rigorous stuff and also will give you a monthly stipend and an excellent faculty if you want to pursue PHD. Otherwise , ISIK infrastructure wise( no swimming pool , gym ,attached washroom) is way below IGIDR but quality learning is totally taken care of. The place where ISIK is located, we , vegetarians have a tough time finding good food(if that is a concern though). If you love math crazily, come here, otherwise staying in IGIDR will give also prove good. Last year, 2 people left for IGIDR.

Re: ISI Kolkata vs IGIDR

aarushi26
Thanks for the reply. I also want to ask that since I have a background in engineering, how difficult would the course be for me? And is ISI more difficult to navigate for a non Bengali as it seems most people including students and faculty are Bengali.

Re: ISI Kolkata vs IGIDR

Daffodils
Being a non Bengali is nowhere a problem . I think what's more important is finding good people and faculty and trust me, ISI has the best people around . Engineering again is not a problem . We have engineers every year in the batch and they cope up pretty well.

Re: ISI Kolkata vs IGIDR

abs60
hey,do you have isi msqe entrance video course or you prepared from books?

Re: ISI Kolkata vs IGIDR

aarushi26
I only prepared from books. I am not really a fan of online coaching.

On Jul 12, 2018, at 3:12 PM, abs60 [via Discussion forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

hey,do you have isi msqe entrance video course or you prepared from books?

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/ISI-Kolkata-vs-IGIDR-tp7615227p7615254.html
To unsubscribe from ISI Kolkata vs IGIDR, click here.
NAML