JNU 2016

SM

Re: JNU 2016

SM
Roger that, Akash!
Assumed the same.

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Same here.. Assumed negative marking therefore didn't take any chances.

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
In sis international trade and development was easy but questions on statistics were not expected.

Re: JNU 2016

nishtha92
There were two exact questions repeated from last year paper in SIS. Do you guys know how many seats are there for both SSS and SIS?

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
For sss, there are 77 seats but no idea how many are there for general category

For sis, i think only 17 seats for general category.

RE: JNU 2016

nishtha92
Only 17..that's too less. Thanks anyways.

For sss, there are 77 seats but no idea how many are there for general category

For sis, i think only 17 seats for general category.

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7600874.html
To unsubscribe from JNU 2016, click here.
NAML

RE: JNU 2016

Kajol

There was one question in SIS paper in which we had to find the point of inflection. How did you guys solve it?
And what answer were you getting?

Only 17..that's too less. Thanks anyways.

For sss, there are 77 seats but no idea how many are there for general category

For sis, i think only 17 seats for general category.

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7600874.html
To unsubscribe from JNU 2016, click here.
NAML

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7600877.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Discussion forum, click here.
NAML
SM

RE: JNU 2016

SM
I used the double derivative.

if  f"(x)= 0 (that means that the curvature changes) , which means it is a point of inflection. Can't recall my answer now. :/ What did you get?

RE: JNU 2016

Eco16
I got 6 and 3.6.
What did you get?

Re: JNU 2016

nishtha92
Same. 6 and 3.6

Re: JNU 2016

nishtha92
What answer did you guys get for the black market question? How does the consumer surplus change?

Re: JNU 2016

Kajol

The consumer surplus will decrease by 14.

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7600886.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Discussion forum, click here.
NAML

RE: JNU 2016

nishtha92
After half supply has been destroyed, would the price fall to 2 or will it remain 4?

The consumer surplus will decrease by 14.

On May 18, 2016 7:45 PM, "nishtha92 [via Discussion forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
What answer did you guys get for the black market question? How does the consumer surplus change?

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7600886.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Discussion forum, click here.
NAML

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7600887.html
To unsubscribe from JNU 2016, click here.
NAML

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Yup got the same.
What about convergence one what did you get?
SM

Re: JNU 2016

SM
So for the convergence one, according to Solow, it means that if countries have the same steady state historically, then they converge, but if they don't have the same rate then they don't.
Convergence, is in contemporary times, conditional convergence. Countries converge to their own steady states, which is determined by population, saving.

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Does this mean countries converge but they have different per capita income.?

Re: JNU 2016

Qwerty
Same here.
But I seriously think we were at a loss because at many places the invigilators did confirm about no negative markings. Given the highly competitive cutoffs that JNU has (I couldn't make it last year by 0.33 marks), I have written to the jnu admission body (helpdesk@admissions.jnu.ac.in) and asked them to look into the matter and do some justice with the poor lot who weren't informed the same
I guess even you guys could write to them along with your center details.

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
How much cutoff are you guys expecting?

Re: JNU 2016

amoleco2016
68-72

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Even I am expecting that .
How was your last question that essay type question went?
123