JNU 2016

Re: JNU 2016

amoleco2016
actually tym nahi tha..i was able to write only one page..

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Even I wrote around one and a half page..and I am not even sure about that question.
Did you attempt that maximise 3x-y question of part b?

Re: JNU 2016

econcrazy
Hi eco16, just saw this thread.
Yes, I solved the maximisation question. The solutions are the values of x and y on the points of intersection of the axes and the constraint for me. What answer did you get?

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Well I got confused in that question and ended up using bordered hessian..so no exact solution came.

Re: JNU 2016

econcrazy
I tried the langrangean multiplier method. Didn't work, so I used the simplistic plotting the constraint method and got something like y=10 and x=0 as far as I remember.
What do you think will the cutoff for section A be? That's the part I'm worried about!

Re: JNU 2016

Akash
When is the result supposed to come out?

Re: JNU 2016

econcrazy
The website says 8th july. But JNU's known for delaying results

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Can't say anything about the cutoff because there is still confusion regarding negative marking in section a.

Re: JNU 2016

econcrazy
I highly doubt it. Negative marking cannot be implemented unless specified. It'll be an unfair decision

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Neither it was specified that there is no negative marking.

Re: JNU 2016

econcrazy
I'll be in big trouble if there was. So fingers crossed

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
How many did you attempt?

Re: JNU 2016

econcrazy
All! Some eight of them were educated guesses.

Re: JNU 2016

econcrazy
Did you know those three ones: lexicographic preferences, tobin's ratio and pigous ratio?

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Okay, we can just wait for the results.
I actually don't remember the questions now but I know lexicographic preferences but not the other two.
Did you give SIS one too?

Re: JNU 2016

econcrazy
No I didn't
Ag

Re: JNU 2016 results

Ag
When will JNU SIS second list come ?

Re: JNU 2016 results

econcrazy

Hello,
No I don't know anything about second lists. So sorry.

On 05-Aug-2016 8:30 pm, "Ag [via Discussion forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
When will JNU SIS second list come ?

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7602783.html
To unsubscribe from JNU 2016, click here.
NAML

Re: JNU 2016

soimmoi
jnu sis 2016, In presence of assymetric and incomplete information about wealth distribution in economy, which of following instruments should government use to promote it's equity objective?
a) a system of indirect tax     b) a system of personalized lumsum tax / transfers    c) Uniform lum sum tax/transfers   d) none of the above
123