JNU 2018

Re: JNU 2018

Rayee
hehe, i don't think so. if you take GNPmp then you also need to take NFIA, so it kinda adds up to the same thing. let me know if you guys find something else :)

Re: JNU 2018

Econenthusiast
This post was updated on .
okay I guess I got it now!

Re: JNU 2018

Econenthusiast
Anyway I'm leaving it at this. Thanks a lot for those corrections Rayee

Re: JNU 2018

Econenthusiast
Guys one more thing, what is the answer to the last part.
 So Savings = 1800, Total disposable income would be savings from disp income + consn from disp income = 10800

1800/10800 = 16.67%

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
National disposable income is = NNPmp + net current transfer from ROW

Re: JNU 2018

Econenthusiast
Thanks a lot soimmoi!

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
can anyone help me in JNU SSS 2014 Q 42 - 44 ?

Re: JNU 2018

Nits
For 42) (d) Y = C + I
on Solving you will get r= 11255/200 - 0.005Y
So Slope is -0.005

43) (d)  Y = 11255 - 200r (Put r=15)
            Y = 8255

44) (a)  Y' = 11255 - 200r' ( Put r' =6)
            Y' = 10,055

So Change in Y = Y' - Y = 1800

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
Thank you very much.

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
How was exam guys ?

Re: JNU 2018

Econenthusiast
was okay for me, I didn't get that logic question on sunny and rainy days. Didn't get the share of three sectors one either. Out of the ones I got, I'm just confident about some of the answers

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
All questions were compulsory in the section II. Did you tried the first one ? That question of inflation ?

Re: JNU 2018

nikhil
You can find that type of question in macroeconomics by Blanchard in phillips curve chapter

Re: JNU 2018

Nits
Thanks Nikhil :)

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
Thank u Nikhil. that question about proving √D is an odd positive integer where D = a^2+b^2+c^2 and c = ab. Anyone solved it ?

Re: JNU 2018

Nits
a and b are consecutive positive integers. So,suppos b=a+1
D=a^2+b^2+c^2=a^2+(a+1)^2+(a)*(a+1)=3a^2+3a+1=3(a^2+a)+1

Since a is a positive number and (a^2+a) is always an even number (Doesn't matter whether a is an odd number or an even number) and so 3(a^2+a) will also be an even number. Therefore,  3(a^2+a)+1 is an odd number.
So Square root of D will always be an odd positive number

Re: JNU 2018

nikhil
This post was updated on .
In question no.42  we had to include export import in deriving the slope of the IS curve or not

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
Thanks Nits.

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
Well I included them. I used the formula Y= C+I+G+X-M. What about you ?

Re: JNU 2018

nikhil
I did the same
12345