Target DSE 2014

sanjana26
Anyone who is targeting 2014 entrances? So whats up with your prepration guys??

Re: Target DSE 2014

mrittik
I'm targeting 2014 DSE...may we make joint study?

Re: Target DSE 2014

Akshay Jain
all the best guys.....
Akshay Jain
Masters in Economics
Delhi School of Economics
2013-15

Re: Target DSE 2014

sanjana26
Hello Mrittik :)

Yes sure..lets start ..just mail me what have u done till now..We will discuss our doubts..

 sanjanasethi64@gmail.com

Thanks

Re: Target DSE 2014

greenworld666
hello sanjana!! my name is Monish..I am from engineering background!!
are you guys studying on your own or you have joined some coaching?

Re: Target DSE 2014

cryptolizer
Hi greenworld666, I am an engineer too! Wondering how are you planning to approach the entrance exam, considering our humble background in economics. Infact, I am not even sure if I should go for it.  Would like to know your thoughts.

Re: Target DSE 2014

greenworld666
hie cryptolizer,
I am following the advices contributed by Amit sir as well as the views of DSE alumini to prepare for my entrance. Everything is mentioned over here in this forum.

Reagarding my background, i know that being an engineering student my knowledge of eco is poor.
But what made me choose ECON is my interest. Ask yourself whether you really like it?Trust yourself and go for it you like it.

Re: Target DSE 2014

cryptolizer
Yeah, I browsed around and found a lot of important stuff.

Regarding interests, well I might just give it a try, see how it goes for a month or two.

Anyways, all the best for your preparation! :)

Re: Target DSE 2014

greenworld666

thankyou
and all the best to you too .
Feel free to share anything of you want.

On Sep 7, 2013 8:52 AM, "cryptolizer [via Discussion forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah, I browsed around and found a lot of important stuff.

Regarding interests, well I might just give it a try, see how it goes for a month or two.

Anyways, all the best for your preparation! :)

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/Target-DSE-2014-tp7583400p7583909.html
To start a new topic under FAQ, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Target DSE 2014, click here.
NAML

Re: Target DSE 2014

vasundhra
even im targeting 2014 attempt...and ima student frm economics background..!!

Re: Target DSE 2014

june30
hi i am from commerce background and i have just started preparing for 2014 attempt. i'm finding the mathematics for economics part a little difficult to understand. Can anybody help me regarding what book to follow or where to practice lots of questions from ?

Re: Target DSE 2014

greenworld666
hello june 30,
since you are finding maths difficult, i feel you should get clear with basic mathematics fundamentals
especially calculus from CBSE class 12 level. After that you can go for Sydsaeter & Hammond. Hammond has good number of questions to practice. And practice it daily. Try to get as many as correct ans possible yourself. Form a group with your friends and discuss the answers .

You can also post your doubts here.
All the best!!!

Re: Target DSE 2014

AnonymousNow
Yes I am. What books are you sticking to for Micro, Macro, Maths and Stats, if you are asked to name maximum 5 books???

Re: Target DSE 2014

AnonymousNow
@greenworld Do you have the solution manual of varian's workbook? Please provide me with the link. You can mail this at jayshreewow@gmail.com

Re: Target DSE 2014

greenworld666
i have sent  varian solutions!!!

what do you mean by "yes I am"   in your previous post?
books ar as  follows:
micro-- varian ,nicholson.
macro--branson,fischer,blanchard
maths--hammond,chiang
stats--sc gupta..

Re: Target DSE 2014

AnonymousNow
By "yes I am" i replied to the 1st comment asking if anyone is preparing for the 2014 entrance :-p ! Anyway thanks a lot !!

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM, greenworld666 [via Discussion forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
i have sent  varian solutions!!!

what do you mean by "yes I am"   in your previous post?
books ar as  follows:
micro-- varian ,nicholson.
macro--branson,fischer,blanchard
maths--hammond,chiang
stats--sc gupta..

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/Target-DSE-2014-tp7583400p7583947.html
To unsubscribe from Target DSE 2014, click here.
NAML

Re: Target DSE 2014

Ditro Raychaudhuri
This post was updated on .
hi i am also preparing for dse

Micro - pindyck rubinfield, varian and snyder nicholson

macro- abel bernanke, dornbusch fisher, blanchard

Math eco- chiang, hammond sydsaeter

Stat- goon gupta, DeGroot, nagar das
{ya i know its a lot}

Re: Target DSE 2014

Akshay Jain
for microeconomics u hav to do varian and its workbook....its a neccesary condition for isi/dse.....
Akshay Jain
Masters in Economics
Delhi School of Economics
2013-15

Re: Target DSE 2014

AnonymousNow
Yes i have Varian with me now. they are great. Are there any other additional book(s) for Micro that are totally mandatory assuming one has hold over varian's textbook and workbook? And what about Maths? Only Chiang will do? Actually too many books on a single subject around me makes me nervy :-(

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Akshay Jain [via Discussion forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
for microeconomics u hav to do varian and its workbook....its a neccesary condition for isi/dse.....
Akshay Jain

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/Target-DSE-2014-tp7583400p7583957.html
To unsubscribe from Target DSE 2014, click here.
NAML

Re: Target DSE 2014

Ditro Raychaudhuri
ok hal varian too for me {intermediate one right?}.BTW i am not preparing for 2014 entrance. I am hoping to give 2016 entrance.
12345