JNU 2016

Eco16
How was it guys?
I found SSS okay and SIS was a bit tough but easier development and International eco ques compared to last year.

Re: JNU 2016

amoleco2016
Solved 45 out of 50 in sss and attempted 5 out of 7..i think the Cuttoff will be high dis year

Re: JNU 2016

Kajol

Was there any negative marking in SSS part A?
Negative marking is always there in JNU but this time nothing was mentioned clearly about it in the instructions.

On May 17, 2016 7:49 PM, "amoleco2016 [via Discussion forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Solved 45 out of 50 in sss and attempted 5 out of 7..i think the Cuttoff will high dis year

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7600838.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Discussion forum, click here.
NAML

Re: JNU 2016

urvashi
yes was there negative marking in part A if there was not the cutoff can go really high

Re: JNU 2016

shruti malhotra
it was announced in our class that there is no negative marking.

Re: JNU 2016

Kajol

I think so too coz whenever there is negative marking in any paper, they clearly mention it.

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7600841.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Discussion forum, click here.
NAML

Re: JNU 2016

amoleco2016
Na no negative marking it was mentioned in our class..

Re: JNU 2016

amoleco2016
Anybody any idea abt. Possible Cuttoff for sss and sis..

Re: JNU 2016

Kajol

I think last year it was 70-75 for SSS and around 65 for SIS.

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2016-tp7600837p7600845.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Discussion forum, click here.
NAML
SM

Re: JNU 2016

SM
Shruti and Amol,

Which centres did you take the test from?

In our class, there was a doubt raised about the negative marking scheme, but nobody cleared that. In fact, one of the invigilators asserted "in a competitive exam, there is negative marking, so we should focus on our work"

Also, was this mentioned in the prospectus, explicitly? :/

ISI's exam clearly mentioned that there won't be a negative marking.

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
I attempted 42 out of 50.
And all the 7 questions but last question didn't go that well question 60.
In sis, i did around 40 questions.
I am worried about sss cutoff for section a.

Re: JNU 2016

amoleco2016
Mine was Nagpur..

Re: JNU 2016

amoleco2016
Mine was Nagpur..

Re: JNU 2016

shruti malhotra
mine was in rk puram.
we asked that teacher about this.she said there is no negative marking.
but likewise,in today's exam it was clearly mentioned that there will be a negative marking.

and if any queries  after that emerged,than i think that will be unfair.

SM

Re: JNU 2016

SM
The negative marking issue emerged in SSS. Today, yes it was given, thankfully. I'm at a loss perhaps wrt SSS.

Re: JNU 2016

Eco16
Yep,but it wasn't mentioned clearly whether there will be any negative marking or not.
But no negative marking will make cut off go really high.
How many questions did you guys attempted?

Re: JNU 2016

harshdua
Yeah but in SIS no question on IS LM or tariffs completely changed the paper

Re: JNU 2016

harshdua
Are u sure about the cutoff for Sis

Re: JNU 2016

varnika1880
It isn't necessary that cut off for SSs shall go very high ....firstly part A was very different from the expected pattern and moreover in part B the subjective questions we can't really judge how much marks shall they allot for that essay thing ...

Re: JNU 2016

Akash
I attempted with the assumption of negative marks being present. Let's see how it turns out. Really hoping that the cutoff for part A doesn't go too high
123