JNU 2018

Pravin
This post was updated on .
Anyone preparing for jnu 2018 ?

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
This post was updated on .
JNU 2017, SSS   34) c  35)d     37)d

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
I am unable to solve 44. I think others are correct.

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
Yes I need help in this question.

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
Hey, does that mean answer is 10175 ?

Re: JNU 2018

Rayee
33 is incorrect, it should be (b)

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
can you please give reason behind your ans.

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
10,000 + (20-10)10 - (20-10)5=

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: JNU 2018

gyandeep
For JNU sss question correlation coefficient of w and y is equal to -1.

On Oct 28, 2017 4:24 PM, "soimmoi [via Discussion forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
sis 2015
Qd = max(0, 3000- 4P)
Qs = max (0, -1000 +12 P)
PRICE CIELING = 100
DWL=?
a)500000/3
b)620000/3
c) 700000/3
d) none of these

I'm getting d
At P =100  Qs= 200
Qd= 2600
and when we put Q= 200 in Qd then we get P= 700
so, Dwl = 1/2 (700-100) (2000-200)
2000 is the equilibrium  qty wihout any price ceiling is my answer correct?

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2018-tp7608174p7608222.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from General Discussions, click here.
NAML

Re: JNU 2018

Rayee
jnu '17, Q.33
you can find out using numbers of your choice.
Eg-in year 2015,
let potential output (Y'_1)=100
then actual output(Y_1)=90.

In year 2016, Y_2 increases(given it is 5%less)
So, Y_2=95. Assuming Y'_2 remains at 100.
Then increase in output=(Y_2 - Y_1)100/Y_1=5.555(when you substitute values)

Now in fact Y'_2 increases(as net investment is +ve, L increase etc). Take any other value say 110 or 120 or anything > 100. Increase in output will be more than 5%, can be above 10% as well.

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
Thank you, Rayee:)

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: JNU 2018

gyandeep
Solution of correlation coefficient question.

On Oct 29, 2017 9:46 AM, "soimmoi [via Discussion forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gyandeep
w= -3x+6
y = 3x+6
so there no relation as W = -Y
the individual correlation of W with x is -1 and of  y with x = 1
but can you explain on what basis you're saying w&y have correlation -1.

thank you for the reply

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2018-tp7608174p7608226.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from General Discussions, click here.
NAML

Re: JNU 2018

gyandeep
U can get answer by using correlation coefficient formula of random variable that is cov(W,Y) / standard deviation of Y. Standard deviation of W.

U can also go through graphical method... Draw Y nd W

U can aslo get answer by change X what are the values for Y nd W respectively.  As Y nd W both are AP with 3 nd -3 as common difference respectively.
By which we can conclude that both are strongly correlated bt in negative direction so correlation coefficient of Y nd W will be -1.
( as I think)

On Oct 29, 2017 10:44 AM, "Gyan Deep" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Solution of correlation coefficient question.

On Oct 29, 2017 9:46 AM, "soimmoi [via Discussion forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gyandeep
w= -3x+6
y = 3x+6
so there no relation as W = -Y
the individual correlation of W with x is -1 and of  y with x = 1
but can you explain on what basis you're saying w&y have correlation -1.

thank you for the reply

http://discussion-forum.2150183.n2.nabble.com/JNU-2018-tp7608174p7608226.html
To start a new topic under General Discussions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from General Discussions, click here.
NAML

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
This post was updated on .
okay, thank you.   I'll try and see if the ans. is coming out to be -1.

Re: JNU 2018

Pravin
Thank you.

Re: JNU 2018

soimmoi
jnu sss  2015 ques 41    ans is 11 years?
12345