jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Rayee
I'm still thinking about 41 & 42.
Any help would be appreciated !!

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

mesh
thanks for the answers

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

mesh
me too with 41 and 42

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Rayee
no problem mesh! oh, i figured out 41.
42? anybody?

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
Hey! for 14 it's a 2 degree polynomial so, it should have exactly 2 roots (complex or real)
for 26 capital a/c surplus - ( means if we take loan from foreign or if foreigners purchase some assets in india - loan foreigners take from our country and our purchase of assets abroad) so, I think so it should be b
and 40 according to me is c
Can you please explain 24
Rest of the answers match

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Rayee
This post was updated on .
14. yep :p
26. nothing is mentioned about the nature of the exchange rate regime, whether it is fixed or flexible. your reasoning applies for fixed, however for flexible it would be different. hence i marked d.
40. is a. you can eliminate c when p1<p2 and even after price change p1<P2.
24. only three countries, A & B trade surplus => C trade deficit. eliminate b, d. as for a..can't say that with certain since NFIA & R_f may dominate. nothing wrong with c. hence c.
could you solve 42?

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Econenthusiast
Hey Rayee, how did you prove it out in 41 ?

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Econenthusiast
I got Y(t) = a/s-b

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Rayee
yes, so required relation for there to exist a value of output is s>b.

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
Thank you for 24.  42 I've posted in 2018 thead but i'm not sure about my working.

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Rayee
about 40 what i meant is that suppose initially budget line(BL) is flatter than IC, suppose after price change it becomes more flat, then there will arise SE in commodity 1. try graphically, hope that will clarify. besides (a) is always true, no matter what. see varian ch 8.

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Gaurav
Answer for 40 should be c

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
Rayee, let's suppose intially you have p1= 1    p2 = 2    m =10
so, x1 = 10    x2= 0   now let's suppose p= 0.5  p1<p2 (still)
SE(new income and new price) = 0.5(10) = 5 = m'
x1' = 5/0.5 = 10    so, SE = 0

How have u solved question 33 ?

Ohh! I messed up between IE & SE. Thanks soimmoi. What about 35 and 36?
And gaurav 33's answer I've already posted in another thread.

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Econenthusiast
Any idea how 34 is solved ?
This is what I've done,
Inorder to calculate the minimum increase in nominal GDP, I kept the relation that

Given: Growth in real per capita output y =Y/L = 50%, growth in L = 20%. Therefore Gy = GY + GL ,
Gy + GL  = 70% = GY

Real Y = Nom Y / Price
Growth in real GDP  = Growth in nom Y - Growth in price
Growth in real GDP + Growth in price = Growth in nom Y

minimum increase in nominal Y is when growth of price is equal to zero.
 therefore min increase is 70%

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
35)d   36) B, not sure
34) yes, even i'm getting 70%
Can ayone please tell me ques no. 47 SIS, 2016

35..why d?
before demonetization, we had 18 lakh crore (all denominations?). After demonetization 500 and 1000 rupee notes (we don't know its worth?) were useless and still in the circulation of which 7 lakh crore were deposited with the bank. 2 lakh core of new currency (500 & 1000 & maybe other denominations) came into circulation. so, 18-7+2=13. given no other transaction influenced it. where am I wrong?

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Econenthusiast
do you know how Q 44 is done, I feel that GDP can be measured by firm B's sales + Value of Net change in stock of y of firm B. I don't think its right, somebody please chip in ?

will let you know if I get the answer to that question from 2016

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
44) 10,000 + (20-10)10 - (20-10)5=
Also, if you could ans. sis 2015
Qd = max(0, 3000- 4P)
Qs = max (0, -1000 +12 P)
PRICE CIELING = 100
DWL=?
a)500000/3
b)620000/3
c) 700000/3
d) none of these

I'm getting d
At P =100  Qs= 200
Qd= 2600
and when we put Q= 200 in Qd then we get P= 700
so, Dwl = 1/2 (700-100) (2000-200)
2000 is the equilibrium  qty wihout any price ceiling.
Rayee, i think so you're right it should be 13.
123456