jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
see if PB/PA = 2 then the country will be able to produce 100 units of A and 50 units of B, i've assumed PA= 1 so, Pb=2. so, now Oc of A in terms of B is 0.5 which is same for the other country as well (i.e 100/200 = 0.5) so, both country have same OC. they will not be trading.
can we work on this problem too
JNU Pat year Investment = 5000 and Exports = 1000. If ratio of imports to national income is always 0.1 and ratio of savings to national income is always 0.2 then-   a) Calculate trade balance
b) at this level of exports, Investment and import ratio, what should be the national income if economy is to have balanced trade?

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Rayee
for balanced trade Y=10,000
for a) i think there is a trade deficit of 1000. what are your answers?
please comment on 2007 A.20 as well

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
 same ans.
A 20 I think so, b.. this is because fiscal deficit = REVENUE EXP + CAPITAL EXP - REVENUE REC - CAPITAL EXP what's your ans?
also, if you can comment on 2006 part b ques 20

the question asks about budget deficit, not fiscal deficit
i don't have 2006 questions, if you upload i'll take a look :)

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
Rayee to my knowledge both for fiscal and budget deficit we have same formula, I referred to class 12th macro text book. let me know if you have a reason for the answer to be other than b.
Also, i would have uploaded but I've a hardcopy of the paper.
ques is In a closed economy C= 1000 +0.8 (Y-T) where Y denoted income . The income tax rate is unifomly 25% of all income. If investment in this economy raises by 500 and government expenditure by 100 starting from intial situation
a) how much does income increase by
b) "       "      "   consumption "   by
c) how much does tax revenue, fiscal deficit and private savings increase by .
i've written down the whole ques.

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Vidhya
Are the answers :
a) 1500
b) 900
c) 375
d)275(deficit)
e) 225 ?

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
 getting the same answers

as far as i know there is difference between FD and BD regarding one particular treasury bill. will let you know once i'm sure.
hey can you tell me if compensated demand curves for inferior goods are flatter than marshallian demand curve?

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Vidhya
Yes, for inferior : compensated flatter than Marshallian
for   normal : compensated steeper than Marshallian. There was one question on this in one of the papers, asking if the compensated is steeper than Marshallian and they have not mentioned if the good is normal or inferior(safe to choose none of the above?).

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
yes, she is right for inferior good compensated dd curve is flatter than Marshallian dd curve

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Jinx
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

please explain 2007. B10
i'm getting an absurd high value for dRER/RER

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
tried it a no. of times. I guess yes it is relatively cheaper to visit india in 2000.
someone please confirm, rayee can you please upload the ques.

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Rayee
Please elaborate !!

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
I'll post the ans. by evening

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Econenthusiast
guys jnu 2016 6-10, could you verify if my answers are right:

6b, 7a,8a,9b,10b

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

soimmoi
hey my ans for 6th is c rest 7,8,9, 10 matched

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Rayee
6 &7 doesn't match

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Econenthusiast
Thanks guys, will redo 6 and 7. What are your options for 6 and 7 by the way ?

Re: jnu 2017 answers sss, let's discuss

Rayee
6 c, 7 b
please explain 35, 36 of the same paper