DSE 2015 answer

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
Can we discuss question 27 and 28 now?

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
This post was updated on .
mike for 27 i might require some hints :(

also buddy i am not sure for 22 :
let me attempt to answer it ,
step 1

for 1: y/Px = x/Py    2: 3y/Px=x/Py  3: y/Px=2x/Px   ( MU/Px = MU/Py )

step 2
now budget constrained equation for each

step 3 solving for x and y for all three cases

i am getting

12 (initial endowment of X ) = 1+ 9/P + 4
14(initial endowment of Y  = P + 3 +  8P

please if u can solve again by this way and tell me

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
Maecon, asssume that px = p and py = 1
now try to solve it . this time you will get the answer

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
fine let us discuss 27 and 28

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
Could you solve question 22? If you still have some doubt then I can post the detailed solution.

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
thanks mike , i will give one more shot later then surely i will ask you .

it happens , i must be making some mistakes :)

thanks again

just tell me if 21 has b as a correct option .

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
yes 21 is correct

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
i dont know how to approach question 27 maecon, help me

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
ha ha mike i really don't have the right answer but my initial trial was :

for 1 : his U(initial of building of park)  = 30
          his U(if park is build)  = 100 - r2
          his U(if park not build) = 30

again the same for 2

but now i am stuck

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Amit Goyal
Its available here: Link

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
Thank you sir

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
hey mike please explain to me.:)

like student to student wala, thoda informal rakhna .

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
Maecon, which question you want me to explain.

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
27 , sorry i should have written it.

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
Hey maecon, my solution might look complex at first but read it carefully. If you have any doubts ,feel free to ask. After looking at my solution i request you to go through the link provided by sir again. That will help you understand my solution better.

Note: the blue shaded areas represent the intersection of the best response functions.

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
mike buddy you are life saver , ( remind me of giving you a treat in the dse canteen )

now i attempted 28 on the same lead , i have not got the answer but i arrived at the following conclusion :

both people's best response function gives the following result :

EITHER r1<40 and r2<50
OR       r1>50 and r2>60

now my question to you mike is how to decide ?

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
Careful maecon, try again.

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
For 28, you can proceed without drawing the graph. Remember in the link sir has mentioned about dominant strategy. Try to think like that.
B.R1 ={ r1>= 50   if r2>=50
               r1<=50   if r2 < 50
Notice that r1 = 50 is the dominant strategy for player 1 irrespective of what the other player is doinng.
BR2 remains the same as in 27 . so r2 = 60 remains the dominant strategy for player 2 irrespective of what the other player is doing.
So (50,60) is an equilibrium and the good is provided. And each agent gets a utility of 10
 Remember that any dominant strategy equilibrium is a nash but not all Nash equilibrium's are a result of dominant strategy.
Now my only doubt is why there's a deficit

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
if 50,60 is the answer then tax collected is only 90 (100-60)+(100-50) thus a deficit of 10 :)

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
Oh. Thanks
123456