DSE 2015 answer

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
Sir, can you help us in 57 and 58?

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
we will discuss mike this evening

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
MC1 = q
MC2= 2q
Now if you take the horizontal summation of the quantities, q = MC .....(1)
                   q= MC/2 ......(2)
Adding 1 and 2 we get q= 3MC/2
So MC = 2q/3
Comparing the three MC's, we see that the MC is lowest in the third case. So answer is (b)

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra
 please help

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
ansh the mean of this uniform distribution is not dependent on the length of interval , one intutive reason is that mean is like the point of center of mass  so if there is uniform distribution then center of mass just lies at the mid point

and variance is just how much is the spread around the mean so if you increase the interval that does mean that points will be more distant from mean so we have a larger variance and standard deviation.

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
sorry mike my sem exams are still going, please let us start with 54 and will go to 59 .

also mike for 57 i am getting b as an option but the answer is a .:(

so according to question the income Y(t) is distributed equally among labor and capital

by solow model at steady state the k(t){ K(t)/L(t) } will not change , thus writing the equation :

                              k(t)*n = s(w)*y(t)/2 + s(r)*y(t)/2

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
And, for question 8, dimension of solution space  is same as dimension of null space or nullity. Don't confuse it with the rank.

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra

Re: DSE 2015 answer

maecon
ansh if you look carefully then you see that when f'x = 0 then f''x is positive = 1 , now we know that if f''x is positive then fx is convex ,,, you can guess now .

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra
Thank you so much maecon

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
For that vector question ansh,
* Linear independence implies affine independence and not the other way round.
* If vectors v1, v2, v3,........, vn are affinely independence, than the set of vectors
  (v2-v1), (v3-v1),............,(vn-v1) are linearly independent.
 So option (a) is ruled out. Option (b) is correct.
 About that third option n<=m. Take the simple case of a vector in 2D. A vector "v not equal to zero" in 2D
is linearly independent. But if we take three vectors in 2D than they are linearly dependent. That's why n<=m for linear independence.

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra
Thank you mike. I have answer which I downloaded from answer from dse site their the answer is d to question 9 but I also think it is b.

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra
You answered my question 8 query can you please explain null space or nullity

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Ansh malhotra

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
ansh, for question 9, answer is (d)
read carefully what i have written. I said that linear independence implies affine independence and not the other way round. Also n<=m

Re: DSE 2015 answer

Mike
I request you ansh to kindly write the question number only . It takes time to upload the image.
123456