Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

Shefali
What preferance should we give to above institutes.What should be chosen?

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

SoniaKapoor
Preferances should be acording to
1.Madras School of economics anyday. The brand name and after all the placements are too good in MSE.
2Gokhale is good for research.
3.Jamia is also good.
MA Economics
DSE
2014-16

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

eco1234
how is env eco and actuarial eco at MSE ? has anyone mentioned them as your pref ? ( Does MSE admn strictly  work on the basis of candidates' pref ? )
dan

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

dan
Guys I need ur help! I have an offer from CDS and GIPE financial economics. I'm more curious abt exploring more in economics rather than corporate placements. I don't know yet if I should be choosing academics or other oppertunities economics has to offer. Please suggest if I should be choosing CDS Applied Economics or GIPE Financial Economics. My instinct says CDS. Would appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

Lanninster
@dan: since u said u are more interested in research i would suggest u 2 join CDS since taking up financial eco can seriously constrain the field of ur research; however if u do manage 2 get gen eco in Gokhale.. dont think twice...
Peace homie...

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

SoniaKapoor
Those who are getting confused what to choose from MSE OR GOKHALE

Placement wise MSE is way ahead. The average package in MSE general eco and financial eco is
Also MSE has direct tie ups with the coroporate world.IN 2012-13 the averaghe package was 6 lacs with highest offer of 12 lacs around. Financial eco highest pay was 10 lacs.http://www.mse.ac.in/placement/MSE%20Placement%20Guide%202013-14.pdf
compaRING  faculty mse is way ahead of gokhale.

Gokhale is good for research.The average placement of general eco is abt 20% with average package of about 4-5 lacs.Highest package in general eco was Faculty isnt muh good either Also the course structure at Mse is better.Financial eco average package is 5.5 lacs.GOKHALE IS GOOD FOR ACADEMICS IN FINANCIAL.

IF u want choose between MSE OR GOKHALE...for general eco choose MSE .and for financial eco both are equally good.
and for agricultural gokhale is better.

i hoped it helped.My personal suggestion choose MSE(CAREER POINT OF VIEW -GENERAL ECO...FOR FINANCIAL EITHER).thanks
MA Economics
DSE
2014-16

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

Akshay Jain
Last year's preferences....
most of the pple left gipe for MSE....gen/fin eco....from both the courses.....
but in gipe fin eco placements are quite good....dont no about MSE's fin eco
Akshay Jain
Masters in Economics
Delhi School of Economics
2013-15

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

SoniaKapoor
Yeah i agree with Akshay. Last year many left Gokhale for MSE.
The General eco placements are pathetic in Gokhale.

Financial eco in mSE is good also.But GIPE is bit better in financial eco. Bt all cant pay the hefty fees of financial eco in gipe so many go for financial in MSE.
MA Economics
DSE
2014-16

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

radhika00
my rank is  460 .. are there any chances of getting a call from gokhale ?

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

SoniaKapoor
General/financial no chance.mAYBE agri.
MA Economics
DSE
2014-16

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

Anjali
Hi Sonia !
At 225 in GIPE list , where do I stand ?
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

SoniaKapoor
Outside chance in financial eco
MA Economics
DSE
2014-16

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

tanya24
What is the average package for financial economics in gipe?

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

SoniaKapoor
50% placement with 4.5 lacs avg.
MA Economics
DSE
2014-16

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

tanya24
And how is actuarial economics in madras school?

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

Tanu_Jaiswal
Choose North, if you have option at hand. I have studied in south for 2 years now and I know what you lose by not living in mainland India. *not to sound discriminatory ! Placements are short-sighted dreams.

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

Tanu_Jaiswal
:)

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

aishwaryat
hey
i have got an offer for agribusiness eco from gipe(my rank was 199)..would by any chance i can get financial ?

And i have got my name in the first waiting list of jamia (no. 22) is there a possibility of getting admission over there?

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

Anu07
I agree MSE is better but gipe is staring their semester so early, so ow are we supposed to manage going to Madras for a exam and carry on in gIPE also?

Any idea regarding te procedure of MSE and exactly when the 2nd paper will take place?

Re: Madras vs Gokhale vs Jamia

Anu07
@SoniaKapoor

hey where did you et the data for Gokhale?  Can you post the link or more info? Im tinkinG of join Gipe so any more info will be very helpful and very much appreciated .
123